It’s race week! A few quick tips for the days leading up to the race:
- You’ve done all your prep for the race on Friday. Don’t try to make up for any lost workouts. It’s time to decrease your training miles and most importantly, rest.
- Speaking of rest, be sure to get plenty of sleep leading up to race day.
- Eat well and drink plenty of water. Don’t try new foods the day of your race.
- Only you can truly know what food (or no food, for that matter) works well for you pre-run/walk/race. You could err on the side of caution, since 15 to 60 minutes of activity doesn’t require a lot of fuel. For example, eat your typical breakfast before work and eat a light snack a couple hours before the race with some water. Good to go!
- Check out the NEW course map for 2016
Good luck and have fun!